Ford F-Series trucks have been dominating the charts for many years now and Ford has been working on upgrading these off-road capability trucks to new level to ensure that they stay on top. In 2010, Ford decided to come up with Ford F-150 SVT Raptor and since then this vehicle has been a hot favorite for those who want to buy off-road capable trucks. The all new 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor has few upgrades and new features that make this truck look even better and perform exceptionally well.
Let’s take a quick look at the top features of the off-road truck in the 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor review below:
- The outward design of the truck remains identical to the earlier version but still there are some changes that Ford has made to make it look different. The biggest difference visible is the new colors that they have added which are Ruby Red Metallic and Tuxedo Black Metallic.
- While the earlier models did not have decals this one does down the side of the bed that makes it look sporty and aggressive. The front side of the vehicle is broad and it displays this unique front grille with Ford written on it that goes well with fender vents and fender flares. The headlights are well designed with fog lights just beneath it.
- The 2014 model also gets the HID headlights that improve the visibility on the road in case of poor visibility and light. It also continues with the same 17 inch forged aluminum wheels with patented bead lock system that keeps the tires on the rims at very low pressure.
- 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor is a high performance vehicle and therefore it has got some serious engine specifications. Under the hood, it gets 6.2 liter SOHC V8 engine that delivers 411 horsepower and 434 lb feet of torque. The engine is mated with six speed automatic transmission that sends power to all four wheels.
- The truck offers acceleration of zero to 60 mph in 7.1 seconds which is pretty good for the vehicle while offering fuel economy of 11 mpg in the city and 16 mpg on the highway. The new Raptor also boasts of 6,000 pound towing capacity which is incredibly good for those who need performance based trucks. It offers 150 mph top speed which is pretty average for off-road trucks.
- 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor gets all the standard safety features that were available in the previous versions including dual front, front side and full length side curtain airbags.
- It also gets ABS, stability control, traction control, and electronic brake distribution that allow the vehicle to handle any kind of terrain with safety.
- Ford has also added few things to the interiors while keeping the rest of the specifications similar to the earlier model. The most noticeable changes that one can see is Brick Red seat bolsters with black inserts and honeycomb cloth highlights. Ford designers have provided more depth to the interiors while making the seats more comfortable.
- The matte gray finishing to the center console, center stack bezel and door panels is something that has been added to the 2014 model to add more class to the interiors. The vehicle gets the SVT-exclusive on-center marker steering wheel that goes in contrast with the black color interiors.
- It also gets 4.2 inch LCD screen that displays all the vehicle status information that drivers need to steer the vehicle in the right way. It also gets SYNC, Ford’s Bluetooth connectivity system that allows users to place calls and control music through voice commands or through steering wheel buttons.
- 2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor is available in the market for $25, 310 and above.
- New Exterior Colors
- High Performance Engine
- Off Road Capabilities
- New Interior Touch Ups
- No Mechanical Upgrades
2014 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor still exceeds in its class as it can withstand more punishment at extreme speeds. It is stronger, faster and better than the earlier models and a perfect vehicle for those who need to go through harsh desert road conditions all the time. Ford has come up with better colors on the outside and excellent touch ups on the inside that make this car more desirable but it still gets a touch competition from 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and Mopar Ram Runner that share the same market space.